Posted 19 January 2018
This is the period of the student fairs and orientation, before the open season of the schools! We offer a small check-list to prepare for your visit to the student shows as well as the 5 errors not to commit!
The 5 errors to avoid:
- Go for a tourist
- Do not have checké the schools, companies, training presented
- Getting there in the band of buddies (believe us, we are more efficient alone)
- All bet on the living room for your orientation choices (other alternatives exist to plan your school path)
- Adopt a nonchalant attitude
The visit of a living room is getting ready! BODYPACK presents to you its TO DO LIST before going there:
- INTER: On dates, places, exhibitors, schools, professions presented, conferences, workshops ... This seems obvious, but what a pity it is to be found at the student fairs for business schools when you want to go into a science stream! To avoid any nasty surprises, we get to know before.
- PREPARING: Define your goal, get in touch with schools of your choice, find training that may interest you, and read what you expect from student fairs. Getting in touch with schools? Find training? Discover a Business? Remember to list what you expect from your visit, so you can already put yourself in condition! No, we are not laughing with its future! ;) The premices of the choice of your orientation are made at that moment, then yes it is not very funny but you have to go through the ... To your notebooks! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to take them in notes, once on the spot between the crowd, the multitude of stands, the fatigue and the distraction, you will not forget why you came.
- METTRE ALL THE CHANCES OF YOUR COAST: We advise you to go to the lounges accompanied by an adult who will help you to approach the stands that interest you, ask questions ... Schools, companies, training ... recruit during these fairs, so think about looking after your look, which will make good impression and facilitate exchanges with representatives on the stands that are usually teachers, principals, professionals ... Arrive in shorts and tongs (yes, in the middle of winter we know very well that there is nothing more comfortable:)) Is not recommended, nor is the penalty not to leave the suit/tailor: a proper and decent dress will be sufficient.
- RECUL DURING: A beautiful marketing brochure is not synonymous with quality! We don't learn anything. For schools, training ... participation in student shows is the perfect time to get their pictures. For example: a Bachelor, does not correspond to any degree in France. "Master" is not "Master". Do not hesitate to ask on the stands if the diploma issued by the school is certified or targeted by the State. It is also important to ask the route of the alumni? Where do they work? What positions do they occupy? How much do they earn?
- NO PRESSURE: The student's fair is not an end in itself. This can serve as a base for discovery, dozens of lounges are organized every year everywhere in France, you do not play your life on this show:)! Keep in mind that an appointment with an orientation counsellor at your institution or the IOC (Information and Guidance Centre) in your city will also help you. The open doors of schools are also a good way to learn.
List of student shows organized this year: https://diplomeo.com/actualite-calendrier_des_salons_etudiants_en_janvier_france
Don't forget to take your BODYPACK backpack to store the miles and brochures you are going to leave (http:www.bodypack.fr). We hope this article will help you to see more clearly in the jungle of school orientation! ;)